Welcome to Figma!
1. Scope. These Figma Developer Terms (“Terms”) apply to any use of Figma’s Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Software Development Kits (SDKs), and related documentation (collectively, “Developer Resources”).
3. License. Subject to your compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide (except to the extent prohibited by applicable law), non-transferable (subject to the section titled “Assignment”, below), limited license to access our Developer Resources only as necessary to develop, test, and support an integration between your software, application, website, tool, service, or product (collectively, “Your Application(s)”) and the Figma Services as permitted in the associated documentation.
4. Publicity. You may use Figma’s marks to publicize Your Applications solely in accordance with Figma’s brand guidelines, available here: https://www.figma.com/using-the-figma-brand/, as they may be updated from time to time. If Figma requests that you stop using Figma’s name or mark, you will immediately comply with the request.
5. Acceptable Use Policy. You must comply with Figma’s Acceptable Use Policy.
6. Publicly Available Applications. If Your Application is made available to users outside your organization, then the following additional restrictions and requirements apply:
a. Once Your Application has been made available, you may not materially change the purpose or nature of Your Application. You may always choose to create a new application or integration or take down an existing application or integration.
a. Credentials. You will (i) not share any keys or credentials obtained for use of the Developer Resources (“Credentials”), (ii) keep any such Credentials and all login information secure and confidential, and (iii) use them as your sole means of accessing the Developer Resources.
b. Security Requirements. Your Application will adhere to industry best practices on security and privacy. You represent and warrant that Your Application does not contain any security vulnerabilities and operates with the Developer Resources in a secure manner. “Application Data” means content and data collected through or used by Your Application, including information about end users or others with whom they interact through the Figma Services. You and Your Application will employ technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that:
i. comply with applicable laws and regulations, including privacy laws;
ii. meet or exceed applicable industry standards or self-regulatory requirements; iii. protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Application Data, including Application Data that relates to any identifiable natural person and other information governed by Privacy Laws; and
iv. prevent Security Incidents.
c. Security Incidents.
i. For the purposes of this Section, a “Security Incident” means the accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access to, use, disclosure, alteration, loss, or destruction of (i) the Developer Resources; (ii) Application Data; (iii) Your Application; and/or (iv) the Figma Services. In the event you become aware of or suspect a Security Incident, you will notify Figma about such Security Incident immediately after you become aware of it.
ii. You agree to preserve evidence regarding the Security Incident, and provide us with information we request regarding the Security Incident, including an explanation of the nature and root cause of the Security Incident, the categories and approximate number of affected individuals and/or organizations, the categories and approximate quantity of affected records, the likely consequences of the Security Incident, and corrective action being taken. iii. You agree to take such actions as Figma may reasonably request to respond to, investigate, and mitigate adverse effects of any Security Incident. Before you communicate with the public (e.g., via press release, blogs, social media, bulletin boards) or any third party (that is not your agent) about a Security Incident, you will consult with Figma regarding, and provide Figma an advance copy of, such communication, provided so doing is permitted by applicable laws and regulations and does not unreasonably interfere with your investigation or remediation of the Security Incident or your compliance with your legal obligations.
8. Limitations. You acknowledge and agree that:
a. Figma may conduct security testing on Your Application, including, at Figma’s option and in Figma’s sole discretion, penetration testing and submission to bug bounty programs. Figma also reserves a right to audit Your Application to ensure it does not violate law or our terms or policies. You agree that you will cooperate with inquiries related to such an audit and provide us with proof that Your Application complies with law and our terms and policies.
b. Figma may update or change the Developer Resources in its sole discretion. Figma will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that changes to the APIs and SDKs are backward compatible, but reserves the right to change related documentation in any way. In the event that Figma decides to depreciate any Developer Resources, Figma will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advanced notice. You acknowledge that changes to the Developer Resources may require you to download new or different copies of the Developer Resources, and you agree to update to the latest version of the Developer Resources promptly after any update.
c. Figma may suspend or terminate your and/or Your Application’s access to the Developer Resources at any time and for any reason. In the event that you are a Figma Organization customer, Figma will only suspend or terminate Your Applications that are private if Figma has a good faith belief that you have violated these terms . d. Either party may terminate these Terms upon written notice to the other. Upon termination, you will delete all Developer Resources and any data about or from users of the Figma Services and you will cease any use of our marks.
e. Figma may have or develop products or features that may be competitive with Your Application. You agree that nothing will serve to impair Figma’s right to develop, make, use, procure, or market such products or features now or in the future or will require Figma to compensate you in any way related to Your Application.
9. WARRANTY WAIVER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY POSSIBLE, THE DEVELOPER RESOURCES ARE MADE AVAILABLE AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE, AND FIGMA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE DEVELOPER RESOURCES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHER. THIS INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT KNOWN OR DISCOVERABLE. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY POSSIBLE, IN NO EVENT WILL FIGMA BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE DEVELOPER RESOURCES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES. WHERE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE NOT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN FULL OR IN PART, THIS DISCLAIMER AND/OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU; HOWEVER, THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVIDED ABOVE WILL BE INTERPRETED IN A MANNER THAT, TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, MOST CLOSELY APPROXIMATES AN ABSOLUTE DISCLAIMER AND WAIVER OF ALL LIABILITY.
11. General Terms.
a. Ownership. As between the parties, Figma owns all right, title, and interest in the Developer Resources, the Figma Services, and any data derived from either, and you own all right, title, and interest in Your Applications. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, each party retains all right, title, and interest in and to its intellectual property rights. All rights not expressly granted are reserved, and no license, covenant, immunity, transfer, authorization, or other right will be implied, by reason of statute, estoppel, or otherwise, under these Terms.
b. Feedback. To the extent that you give Figma feedback, comments, or suggestions concerning the Developer Resources (collectively, “Feedback”), you hereby grant Figma a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid license to use and exploit the Feedback without payment, attribution, or restriction.
c. Early Access Features. Product features clearly identified as Alpha or Beta features (collectively “Early Access Features”) made available by Figma are provided to you for testing purposes only, and Figma does not make any commitment to provide Early Access Features in any future versions of the Figma Platform. You are not obligated to use Early Access Features. Figma may immediately and without notice remove Early Access Features for any reason without liability to you. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, all Early Access Features are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind and without any performance obligations.
d. Fees. Figma reserves the right to change the fees it charges for access to or use of the Developer Resources on thirty days' written notice (including by updating its website).
e. Export Restrictions. You represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country on the United States Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. In connection with these Terms, you will comply with all applicable import, re-import, sanctions, anti-boycott, export, and re-export control laws and regulations, including all such laws and regulations that apply to a U.S. company.
f. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision hereof and it is the intent and agreement of the parties that these terms will be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal, and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting another provision that is legal and enforceable and that achieves the same objective.
g. Assignment. These terms are not assignable or transferable by you without Figma’s prior written consent, except that you may (without Figma’s prior written consent) assign these terms, in whole, in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of your assets.
h. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. These terms will be governed by the governing law set forth in the Agreement, and any disputes relating to this contract will be governed by the dispute resolution procedure set forth in the Agreement.
i. Modification. We may modify these terms at any time, at our sole discretion. If we do so, we will let you know either by posting the modified terms on figma.com or through other communications. Your continued use of the Developer Resources after such a change constitutes agreement to the modified terms.
j. Entire Agreement. These terms supersede all other agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of these Terms.